Pages

18 de jul. de 2017

To be or not to be: a medal in curiouserism and hybrid Alices

Nicole Woodward and Pic-nic-bears

Nicole Woodward and Pic-nic-bears
 

Nicole Woodward and Pic-nic-bears

Nicole Woodward and Pic-nic-bears

"(...) This creation is an amalgamation of two concepts, a Teddy Bear and a girl, which I found an exiting challenge. 

 Using John Tenniel’s, illustrations and research into Victorian girls clothing and shoes I designed a pattern for Alice clothing. 

I decided due to Disney depiction of Alice, blond hair, blue dress, white apron and black shoes being so ingrained into our imaginations to keep the colours that make Alice recognisable, blond, blue, black and white. At first I thought that this was limiting, but having thought of these limitations as a colour code to describe Alice I realised I could do anything I wanted! (The Alice that Lewis Carol use as his muse had dark hair with a fringe and is believed to have had a yellow & a red dress with blue bands at the hem!) 

I decided to be true to the historical designs of Victorian girls dresses dating to 1865 when the book was first publish and to use John Tenniel’s illustrations for the dresses shape and design.(...)" Nicole Woodward

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile